FreeBSD 5.3-RC2 Available

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Sun Oct 31 21:33:59 PST 2004

Russell Jackson wrote this message on Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 20:14 -0800:
> I've mentioned it a couple of times on this list in the past. It didn't
> seem to generate much interest.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/70832

Ok, the second problem mentioned in the PR is similar to a problem
another driver had... I'll reorganize the detach function, but there
is a time between the driver detached the ethernet struct and before
the interrupt is detached...

As for the first and third problems, (it'd be much better to file
seperate PR's, makes it easier to handle each one seperately)...  I'm
not sure, not enough information...

Though, I'm puzzled by your dump from 5.3-BETA3, since at that time,
re_start only calls re_start_locked (after locking the mutex of course)..
Yet, your back trace down't show re_start_locked...  (The panic message
is from M_ASSERTVALID called by BPF_MTAP in re_start_locked)...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579