ACX100 Firmware Licensing

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Oct 29 18:58:45 PDT 2004

> If you're telling the hordes to sit down, shut up and quit rocking the
> boat, because you're already sailing smoothly, I'd like to ask where
> you're heading and how far you already got.

This is an overreaction, IMHO.

We all agree on the goal, it's a question of how we get there.
Please understand how someone (say, me) could see how including
people's work phone numbers in a general broadcast message could
wind up doing more harm than good.

Pressure them?  Sure.  Politely and through channels?  It's the way
I would prefer to see it.

Frankly, if I were in business supplying these cards and started
getting mail along the lines above, I'd be less inclined to follow up
on it than something that stated the same case with less rhetoric.
I wouldn't take a case based on something like that to upper management
of any company I've ever seen -- and they are the decision makers.

That's just the way it is -- it really is easier to catch flies with
honey than vinegar.

mcl