who is test Intel PRO/Wireless 2100/2200BG/2915ABG?

Søren Schmidt sos at DeepCore.dk
Wed Oct 27 23:27:45 PDT 2004

Yamamoto Shigeru wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I find a Intel PRO/Wireless 2100/2200BG/2915ABG for *BSD at
>
> http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/
>
> But I don't have these devices.
> #So I can't test ipw/iwi drivers.
>
> Does anyone test it?

I've played with the iwi driver from there.

It seems there is some kind of initialization problem as it only works
if I have loaded/unloaded NDIS first. However without a previous
load/unload of NDIS it fails.

I haven't digged further into why it fails, maybe its the downloaded
firmware, maybe its some kind of enableing code needed on this Acer
Travelmate 8000 dunno...

However, when it works, it seems to have better performance than the
NDIS driver, is have ping turnaround down to 1.1ms whereas NDIS has
around 1.8ms, transferrate seems to be allmost on par though, with iwi
having its nose a bit ahead...

--

-Søren