Portupgrade -af question

Zoltan Frombach tssajo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:23:01 PDT 2004

Don, your idea is good to minimize the downtime. But I also prefer to have a
"clean" system without library mapping. So I think I'm gonna grab the
recently pre-compiled (for 5-stable) packages with portupgrade -afP. Once
it's done, I will recompile the few special-care ports, the ones that need
options like -WITH/WITHOUT or need local patching. I can also recompile the
ones that are out-of-date. I can do this one-by-one with portupgrade -f
portname. I think it will work. Thank you guys all for your advice on this.

Zoltan