Traffic Shaping not working correctly after ipfw coverted to use pfil_hooks API

Luigi Rizzo luigi at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 26 13:30:43 PDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 04:37:32PM +0200, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> [bouncing over to Luigi]
>
> Luigi, do you have any idea what might be going wrong here?

no, sorry... I have to say the ipfw/natd/dummynet configuration is rather
convoluted here so it is a bit hard to tell whether the
problem is in dummynet calls or divert sockets.

I am also confused by the numbers in the initial report:

there is a mix of two different notations, Kbps and KB/sec, and
i cannot make sense of them.
Finally, I am curious as to why one would mix the upload and download
traffic, i believe *DSL data rates are independent in the two
directions unlike analog modems...

cheers
luigi