HEADS UP: ULE off in 5.3

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Tue Oct 26 11:01:38 PDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:45:08 -0700
Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:

> >What are the short term plans for ULE? I understand turning it off
> >for RELENG_5, so I take it will be tested in HEAD? ULE has many nice
> >features and it would be a shame that it wasn't tested well enough so
> >that bugs can eventually be fixed.
> >

> the plan is that Someone (maybe you?) fixes it..
> jeffr seems to have had collision with Real Life (TM) which is using
> all his spare time.

I see, thanks. Some time ago I read Jeff's paper and barely looked at
some parts of the code, but IMHO it's too big a task for a single
person. OTOH, now that Matthew Seaman has released his portindex
replacement (which means mine can wait indefinitely) I might give this a
go, $REAL_JOB workload notwithstanding.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>