GBDE, problems using gbde_swap

Allan Fields bsd at afields.ca
Wed Oct 20 11:30:31 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 01:17:29PM +0200, Ondra Holecek wrote:
> hello,
>
> I wanted to use encrypted swap (gbde_swap in /etc/rc.d) on 5.3-BETA7,
> but after second reboot, the system did not boot - it finised with boot
> manager (F1 - FreeBSD).
>
> I wrote problem report where you can read details:

> >Category:       kern
> >Responsible:    freebsd-bugs
> >Synopsis:       GBDE, problems using gbde_swap
> >Arrival-Date:   Mon Oct 18 11:00:44 GMT 2004

Can you follow up the PR with more details such as output
of:

fdisk /dev/ad0
disklabel /dev/ad0s1

You can boot from the install or live CD and run a fixit shell and
from there should be able to get this info.

Also try reinstalling the boot blocks using:

mount /dev/ad0s1 /mnt
boot0cfg -Bv -b /mnt/boot/boot0 ad0

If it boots fine, then it is possibly an issue with corrupted
boot blocks.

--
 Allan Fields, AFRSL - http://afields.ca
 2D4F 6806 D307 0889 6125  C31D F745 0D72 39B4 5541