named startup problem

Vincent Poy vincepoy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:58:16 PDT 2004

Greetings everyone:

       I have upgraded my March 6, 2004 -CURRENT to today's latest
-CURRENT code and looking at src/UPDATING, the 20040928 entry discusses
how to migrate existing configurations to run in the new chroot "sandbox".
However, after following all instructions and merging named.conf revisions
and making sure the permissions look correct.  I'm having a problem.

When I do the /etc/rc.d/named start command, this is the results I get:

root at bigbang [6:41pm][/var/named/etc/namedb] >> /etc/rc.d/named start
Starting named.
named: config filename (-c /var/named/etc/namedb/named.conf) contains
chroot path (-t /var/named)

       My /var is actually symlinked to /usr as /usr/var.

       Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince