Read-only ReiserFS support for FreeBSD 5.x

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Tue Oct 19 11:26:04 PDT 2004

Hi, Jean-Sebastien,

Great work!  If you need any help to make a port, I would be voluntary to do
something for you ;-)  I will give this a try tomorrow morning, as it's
already quite late here in Beijing.

I have a plan to port ReiserFS too, however it seems that you beat me :-D

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 05:54:33PM +0200, Jean-S?bastien P?dron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since this summer, I've been working on bringing read-only ReiserFS
> support to FreeBSD 5.x. Based on Linux 2.6.7, it seems now fairly stable
> on the boxes I use, and it's time to share it with the community.
> Because this is my first kernel development, I guess it's buggy and
> slow, so use with caution :) Furthermore, you should know this is under
> the GNU GPL license.
>
> It has been tested successfully on 5.2.1-RELEASE, several checkouts of
> RELENG_5, and 6-CURRENT (in August, but not recently). It won't work
> under FreeBSD 4.x.
>
> It's available at this address:
> http://dumbbell.nerim.net/index2.html
>
> It would be easier to install it if this was provided as a FreeBSD port,
> but I need to read the Porter's handbook first.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.