[BETA7-panic] sodealloc(): so_count 1

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Fri Oct 15 02:29:09 PDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:01:10 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Marc UBM Bocklet wrote:
>
> > > Okay, now I do; I did a more thorough potential fix -- so if that
> > > worked for you, this should do the same without a socket memory
> > > leak. The life and times of sockets are fraught with peril...
> > >
> > > <URL:http://green.homeunix.org/~green/tcp_accept_race_crash.patch>
> >
> > Okay, bad news:
> >
> > I just got another crash with your first patch applied,
> > unfortunately my roommate rebooted the server without doing a dump
> > first or having a look at the panic message.
> >
> > I'll try applying your latest patch and see if that fixes the
> > problems. If it does not, I'll get a dump and the usual ddb stuff.
> > :-)
>
> Sounds good.  I know that the problem Brian identified is a real race
> and a potential source of precisely the panic you were seeing.  One
> reason I was interested in getting access to a dump from the panic,
> though, was to(if possible) confirm that it was *the* race causing the
> problem.  It's a very likely candidate, but it would be good to know
> if we should be looking for another related race.  If the code now in
> HEAD fixes it for you, please let me know (or if not, also :-).  If it
> doesn't, the core would be very helpful.

Ok, bad news first:

I just got exactly the same panic with Brian's
tcp_accept_race_crash.patch applied.

Debug output is attached, but it looks just like the last time.

The good news:

I got a coredump that I can poke. :-)

So now I just need to know what info to extract from the dump :-)

Bye
Marc

--
"And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

W.B. Yeats, The Second Coming