I deleted /stand/, but I need it again for diskless boot...

Ryan Sommers ryans at gamersimpact.com
Wed Oct 13 11:33:15 PDT 2004

spam maps said:

> Hello,
>
> This is 5.3-Beta7.
>
> Earlier I sensed that /stand/ is more or less
> redundant (that all is in /rescue/ with 5.X), so
> I deleted this directory.
>
> However, now that I want to use diskless-bootup,
> I seem to need /stand/ again.

Yes, you could get it back. To do this you would need to copy the files
from the boot media you used to install.

> PS: using /rescue/ for that instead would be really
> nice :).

It wouldn't be the right solution for the job. That isn't the purpose of
/rescue. However, I'm in the process of eliminating the need for /stand to
remain after the install and having it be deleted as part of the
post-install cleanup. More on this to come...

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans at gamersimpact.com