HP DL380 hangs on reboot

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 13 00:17:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-Oct-11 19:18:52 -0700, Doug White wrote:
>On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> I have an HP DL380 running 5.3 and it will not reboot from multi-user
>> mode - it hangs after printing "Rebooting..." and needs to be power-
>> cycled (since there's no reset button).
>
>BIOS up to date?

I tried updating to the latest version on the HP website with no effect.

I've narrowed it down to loading kernel modules - the problem does not
occur if I don't "kldload digi".  I've tried commenting out the digi
probe routine so it always immediately fails (meaning it never
accesses the PCI bus or attaches) with no effect.  I think the problem
also occurs if I kldload usb but I need to confirm that.

--
Peter Jeremy