Noticable Delays Since Beta 3 (possible cause)

Sam Lawrance boris at brooknet.com.au
Tue Oct 12 02:14:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:25 -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Sam Lawrance wrote:
> >
> >>I'm sorry, that patch was missing paths.. this one:
> >>
> >>http://sam.stral.net/freebsd/wakeupdelay-patch
> >>

> It has been less than 2 days since it was committed to -current.

Are you thinking of something else? The patch hasn't been committed
AFAICS.

Here is *another* patch, along the lines of what Matt suggested - the
changes are only to sleepq_broadcast. Seems to work. This patch includes
comment and doc changes to kern_synch and scheduler.9 indicating that
setrunnable() no longer awakens the scheduler.

I was not sure whether wchan != &proc0 should be added to the 'if'
around the wakeup. I don't think it is needed.

http://sam.stral.net/freebsd/wakeupdelay2-patch