5.3-BETA7 ISO wont load after install (stuck after bootloader)

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Oct 11 11:11:05 PDT 2004

I just installed 5.7-BETA7 using 5.3-BETA7-i386-disc1.iso on my dual boot
machine (Currently running WinXP). The installation went fine (i did it
twice to make sure i didnt screw up), everything was detected fine. After
the installation was complete, i reboot and i get the FreeBSD boot loader,
i hit F2 (the partition where fbsd is) and it just prints a carridge
return and it sits at "-", it does not spin and proceed as usual. This
particular machine is not new to FreeBSD, it has ran many version before
just fine. The only thing that is different is that i am now using the
promise supertrak sx6000 (pst) ide raid controller, which works fine under
windows in raid 0 mode.

Thanks.