Noticable Delays Since Beta 3

cpghost at cordula.ws cpghost at cordula.ws
Mon Oct 11 11:07:21 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 10:36:12AM -0700, Doug White wrote:
> My -stable machine doesn't have this problem, so its not something global
> ..

You mean RELENG_5 or RELENG_4 here?

This doesn't happen at all in RELENG_4, but in 5.3-BETA7 (RELENG_5).
I have no CURRENT box available for testing right now.

> I run kde on my -stable box, but I can switch over to windowmaker easy
> enough.

It definitely looks like some kind of wakeup problem that's being
discussed. I'll try again as soon as those patches get MFCd to
RELENG_5. BTW, it's completely independent of X, since it happens
in console mode too.

> Doug White                    |  FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
> dwhite at gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--