beta6/7 machine freeze

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Mon Oct 11 09:16:42 PDT 2004

Robert,

thanks for all your information. The machine has been prepared for using
a serial console and already has the kernel debugger enabled. WITNESS
has been disabled but I'll enable it and rebuild the kernel (this evening).

I haven't been able to send a break signal over the serial line to get
into the debugger, but that might be a problem of my terminal emulation.
I'll try to set debug.mpsafenet=0, bring the machine up again and see if
I can than recreate the machine freeze and enter the debugger.

Using the syscon I've been unable to enter the debugger because the
machine doesn't process any keystrokes while freezed.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I've got something new.

Thanks,

Volker

--
GPG/PGP fingerprint:
FF93 13A1 2477 B631 E953 06DF 4C49 ADD9 E4BF 79B1