Using watch to monitor serial port results in reboot

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at
Sun Oct 10 01:52:21 PDT 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:27, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> > My system immediately reboots (not even a kernel panic).
> >
> > I am wondering if the recent work on the tty drivers has
> > anything to do with this?
> This is my experience with watch on a serial port the last time I tried
> it (years and years ago).

I have successfully done this not too many months ago.

Pretty sure I was running some version of 5 at the time.

for Genesis Software -
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum