OSPF: can't setsockopt IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP (AllSPFRouters): Operation not permitted

Jan Vyhlidka Norick at seznam.cz
Sat Oct 9 10:44:59 PDT 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:08:49 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Could I get you to gerate a ktrace of the system calls right around the
> return of EACCES, and arguments/etc?

I would like to, if i knew how to. I have never used ktrace, so i did probably something wrong.
I did: ktrace -f ospfd.out -p <ospfd_pid>
after 10 minutes i did ktrace -C to stop it, then kdump -f ospfd.out | grep EACCES and there was none such output, cat ospfd.out | grep EACCES did also nothing. I used it on ospfd running under root:wheel, which was was running correctly. Should I try it under quagga:quagga ?
Can you tell me, what to do exactly, please?

Best Regards Jan Vyhlidka