OSPF: can't setsockopt IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP (AllSPFRouters): Operation not permitted

Jan Vyhlidka Norick at seznam.cz
Sat Oct 9 07:32:07 PDT 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Jan Vyhlidka wrote:
>
> > Thanks for nice tip. It is working now.
>
> I've noticed that the 'sdr' multicast application is working not at all on
> my 6.x box, but used to.  Are you able to run that configuration on 4.x or
> earlier 5.x without privilege?  Maybe we're looking at a regression
> associated with privileges in the network stack?

I was able to run quagga both under quagga:quagga and root:wheel on 5.2.1. It was working for a half year at least.
I think the same, but i didnt know about any other multicast application I could try.

My neighbor '5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #3: Tue May 18 00:38:53 CEST 2004' is running very similar ospfd without problems and his neighbors too.