csh is root's shell?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Oct 8 15:42:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 02:46:34PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Ian FREISLICH, and lo! it spake thus:
> "Matthew D. Fuller" wrote:
> >
> > I've always hated that behavior of bash configs on Linux boxes.  Like,
> > really deeply hated.
>
> Yes.  Anything that messes with the title _I_ give an xterm is the
> spawn of satan.  There doesn't seem to be a way to prevent the title
> bar name change either.

It's happened enough times that I went ahead and made a hack around
it.

(ttyp7):{472}% grep xttitle .tcshrc.matt
alias xttitle           'printf "\033]0;\!*\007"'

I also have it as a sh script, that I use sometimes.  I should
probably merge that into the main .tcshrc sometime...

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net