Vinum problems in 5.3-BETA7?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Fri Oct 8 08:34:50 PDT 2004

Hi, Jon!

> > Since geom_vinum wasn't in the earlier betas I expected it was
> > scheduled for after 5.3-RELEASE. I'm puzzled by the amount of
> > feature changes during the current beta process. Bind 9 is
> > another example. Shouldn't there be a feature freeze at the
> > first beta and only bug fixing until release?
>
> geom_vinum was added way back in June
> (http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/14-06-04.html#geom-supporting-vinum-added).
> Recently, it was reworked to fix some corruption issues and improve
> performance

Ah - so I got that wrong, sorry.
I checked if it was vailable in the 5.3-BETAs by typing

$ man geom_vinum
$ man gvinum

Well, I thought it wasn't in the system since there was no man page.
There still isn't one in 5.3-BETA7 or did I get my installworld wrong?

Regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100