Noticable Delays Since Beta 3

Benjamin Close Benjamin.Close at unisa.edu.au
Wed Oct 6 21:06:07 PDT 2004

Hi All,
    I've been using each Beta Release as they come out and ever since
Beta 3 I've noticed delays where there never used to be any.
I believe this may be somehow related to ULE->BSD scheduler change. A
classic situation of where they now exist is when I switch virtual
desktops back to another xterm. It takes 4-5 seconds before I can type.
The machine is virtually 100% idle. Before beta3 this was not a problem
with almost an instant response.
Anyone else experiancing the same problems. They still exist in:

FreeBSD draco.nodomain.yet 5.3-BETA7 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 #3: Wed Oct  6
16:16:49 CST 2004
benjsc at draco.nodomain.yet:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Anyone know of a good way of traking them down?

Cheers,
    Benjamin

--
3D Research Associate / System Administrator     +61 8 8302 3669
School of Computer and Information Science       Room D1-07, ML Campus