reboot hang

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Wed Oct 6 11:41:03 PDT 2004

I cannot say specifically when, but in the late 5.3-BETA's (cvsupped
BETA7 today) I'm having the system hang over a reboot. The hang happens
late enough for DDB escape or even the keyboard not responding. The last
message on the screen is "Shutting down ACPI".

Any ideas where to look next? This both machines that this happen on
have em interface but don't have any other obvious thing in common. The
one is P4SCE Supermicro board and the other Thinkpad X31.

Pete