New i386 packages uploaded

spam maps spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 07:36:35 PDT 2004

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> I have uploaded to ftp-master an (almost) full
package set for i386,
> built against the new library versions.  You can use
portupgrade -PP
> or similar to update your system if you want to
avoid having to
> recompile all the installed ports.
>
> It may take a while for the new set to propagate out
> ftp.freebsd.org and the mirror sites (hopefully <24
hours for most
> mirrors) - they're in the
ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/ directory
> if you want to shop around for them.  As a
side-effect, pkg_add -r
> will now work as expected on a 5.3-beta system.

When I go to ftp.freebsd.org and then cd to
pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release,
I get "553 Permission denied", because of
permissions:
      drwx------ packages-5.3-release

Rob.