FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 available

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at
Mon Oct 4 22:19:44 PDT 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 08:25 pm, Benjamin Lutz <benlutz at>
> > I remember reading some posts about this a little while back. Is
> > there any way to do this with a fine-tooth comb approach, or is it
> > just about the same to do a portupgrade -af?
> On my system, about half the installed ports needed rebuilding. I
> wrote a Python script that lists these ports, you can use it if you
> like:

Thank you very much for that. After running I find it's about the same
for me, but all the really big ones need to be rebuilt. Ah well, but I
will have to hold off on updating until I have a spare day to rebuild
everything essential.

- jt