[5.3-BETA6] problems with sysintall

Jose M. Alcaide jose at we.lc.ehu.es
Mon Oct 4 04:06:31 PDT 2004

I have just installed 5.3-BETA6 on my old laptop using a CD built from
the disc1 ISO image, and I found several problems:

1. The spacebar does not work with the first sysinstall menu. The other
submenus seem to accept the spacebar just fine, however.

2. A GUI selection (KDE, GNOME) is not being offered at the
configuration stage. I know that X configuration has been removed from
sysinstall, but I think that the GUI selection should be offered
anyway.

3. Some package mess: sudo is in the CD but does not show in INDEX.
There is no KDE metapackage. Some GNOME dependencies are missing
(libtiff at least). Possibly more...

--
***** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose at we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas at FreeBSD.org *****
*****         "Go ahead... make my day" --  Harry Callahan         *****