merge nwfs code to 5-STABLE?

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 24 14:35:21 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Emanuel Haupt wrote:

> nwfs works again on one of my 6.0-CURRENT test boxes. this is also
> mentioned in german release notes (1). i was wondering if there are
> plans to merge that code with 5-STABLE or maybe in 5.4-RELEASE?
>
> thank you, emanuel

A quick diff didn't suggest to me that there were substantial changes in
either the netncp code or nwfs code between RELENG_5 and HEAD that look
like they are related: i.e., there are a few tweaks but they're all part
of Poul Henning's buffer cache work.  Do you have any more details on the
nature of the change?  I'd be happy to MFC stuff, but it's not immediately
clear to me what to merge.  My hope is to keep the network stack pieces of
the kernel relatively in synch between RELENG_5 and HEAD as much as
possible without breaking the ABI.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research