Giantless VFS.

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 22 03:46:59 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Jeff Roberson wrote:
>
> > The short description:
> > This patch removes Giant from the read(), write(), and fstat() syscalls,
> > as well as page faults, and bufdone (io interrupts) when using FFS.  It
>
> What is the plan re: RELENG_5? Will things like this (giantless vm, fs)
> be merged into it?

The giantless vm was already merged back to RELENG_5 and enabled on amd64,
and i386.  I hope to merge the giantless vfs back after a month or so of
no problems on -current.  I hope to commit it to -current this week.

I haven't received any feedback from the list though.  I hope people are
testing it.  Perhaps the silence indicates universal success? :-)