openldap slapd startup delay

Dick Davies rasputnik at hellooperator.net
Sat Nov 20 03:02:41 PST 2004

* Sean McNeil <sean at mcneil.com> [1136 20:36]:

> Does this fix the start delay, or the problem with stop?  I have traced

Don't know about a stop problem, I don't see that (but I checkpoint the db
fairly often). This cuts the start to about a second.
(For some reason if you specify 2 listen sockets that rises to about 8sec,
but nothing like the 30+ sec delay (was > 1min on my ME6000 ).

> through the start delay and found it is because slapd is opening the
> socket and then there is a lookup on group which causes it to try to
> read from slapd and you are in a deadlock until the socket times out.
> This has always been normal for me (the delay on startup) and others.

You mean you store the ldap group as a posixGroup in LDAP?

--
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a
house of cards... Checkmate! - Zapp. Brannigan