TEST: phk_bufwork patchfile

Dmitry Frolov frolov at riss-telecom.ru
Tue Nov 16 09:46:18 PST 2004

* Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> [16.11.2004 14:19]:

> >My intents are to make storage available for jails via regular files which
> >is at the moment no option since performance gets horrible. If I understand
> >things right then this framework should improove performance dramatically
> >when e. g. copying /sys to /vnode_backed_md0.
>
> Not particularly.

Performance issue with a file backed filesystems is a major showstopper
for me too. Since I'm not a kernel hacker, I'm currenly waiting for
someone to fix this. If I understand issue correctly, fixing it requires
much work on syncer (probably some sort of "layering"?). Does anybody
working or planning to work on this?

    wbr&w, dmitry.
--
Dmitry Frolov <frolov at riss-telecom.ru>
RISS-Telecom Network, Novosibirsk, Russia