number of CPUs and IPI panic

Nik Azim Azam nskyline_r35 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 11:32:35 PST 2004

--- Stephan Uphoff <ups at tree.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 13:23, Nik Azim Azam wrote:
> > I'm still getting this panic with the patch:
> >
> > panic: APIC: Previous IPI is stuck
> > cpuid = 3
> > boot() called on cpu#0
> > Uptime: 4m16s
> >
> > :(
>
> OK - now we have to play the thousand questions game
> ;-)
>
> This happens after the system is up?
What do you mean by this? The panic only happens under
heavy load (for example, building world).

> Can you send me the startup messages (With verbose
> enabled)?
I will post this later. No access to the machine now.

> Are there known issues with other operating systems?
I never tried running another OS on this machine.
strictly FreeBSD :p. Probably I can try when I have
the time.

> Do you have a serial console / serial line for gdb /
> firewire
> for debugging ?
Yeap, i have serial console for debugging purposes.

> If I read your first posting correctly you have 6
> pentium II overdrive
> processors in your system (overdrive = PII with PPRO
> pinout).
Yes.

> Can you supply information about the vendor /
> chipset of your system?
The system is an ALR 6x6. It comes with Intel Orion
(82450)/GX chipset.

i hope this helps. i will get to the dmesg output as
soon i can fire up the machine again.

nik.