Bogus hipoint driver thread

jason jason at ec.rr.com
Tue Nov 9 08:19:07 PST 2004

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>I have no hipoint controller, yet when I shut down I see:
>
>Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `hpt_wt' to stop...done
>
>Why ?

I would give this a shot since I have the time.  Since I recognize your
name I am most happy to help.  Normally I would first ask if you made a
custom kernel, as generic has a look of raid and ata drivers extra.  I
thinking you have already done this, so maybe there is a problem with
loader.conf loading extra stuff?  That is all I would know to check,
unless a script could be doing it?  I have no idea why or if a script could.

I guess it will take a little more info about your system, unless theres
someone how already seen this, for you to get help.  Maybe post a link
to our config files, a copy of your kernel config, and a dmesg?

Here to serve,
Jason