kdldload

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Nov 4 06:55:53 PST 2004

> From: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:16:19 +1030
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org
>
> --nextPart3690954.jYNkCiu1sY
>
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:07, Randy Bush wrote:
> > -current, though i am told 5-stable as well
> >
> > when kldload is run by hand, and you do not give it a path,
> > it does not look in /boot/kernel/
> >
> > is this intended?
>
> It should look in kern.module_path, on my system this=20
> is.. /boot/kernel;/boot/modules
>
> On my system it DOES look in those places (6-CURRENT from a few weeks ago)

Randy,

Read src/UPDATING 20040806:
        Module loading has been fixed.  Some older installations will
        drop proper module_path initialization and modules will fail to
        load properly.  If you have a line in /boot/loader.rc that says:
        "initialize drop", do (i386 only):
                cp /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/loader.rc /boot/loader.rc
                chown root:wheel /boot/loader.rc
                chmod 444 /boot/loader.rc
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer