FreeBSD 5.3RC2 + NDISULATOR Crash and Kernel Panic

herrier herrier at herrier.com
Tue Nov 2 14:40:05 PST 2004

Hello,

I ran previously FreeBSD 5.2.1 using NDISULATOR to make my wifi card DLINK DWL-G520+-Extreme G+ working and everything was OK.

Since I have upgraded to FreeBSD 5.3RC2 ( From this 5.2.1 version )  yesterday, the new if_ndis.ko generated with prepackaged ndiscvt and compiled with if_ndis.c causes a kernel panic and halts the system.

Did you have already such cases ?

May you need more inputs about this issue, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks and best regards.

Mr HERRIER