6-current 'corrupted mac on input' on cvs co

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Nov 1 12:19:05 PST 2004

On Nov 1, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> Received disconnect from 192.168.0.5: 2: Corrupted MAC on input.
> cvs[checkout aborted]: received broken pipe signal
>
> any ideas? do you need more input?

The error message comes from /usr/src/crypto/openssh/packet.c, line 973.

I haven't seen it happen often, but there seems to be some correlation
between using NAT or having packets get fragmented due to path MTU
issues.  Any data corruption in the packets going by ought to be
detected and fixed at the TCP level, but if it doesn't, SSH will notice
and drop the connection.

--
-Chuck