misc questions / comments / rambelings

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon May 31 12:45:02 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 08:49:55AM -0700, asfdqwer xzcvdsf wrote:

>  I just moved from 5.2.1 to current and had
> a few comments.  Upgrading from 5.2.1 which first
> required me to upgrade config, which required
> me to upgrade flex.  None of these are documented
> in UPGRADING

This isn't documented because using old style kernel builds is not a
supported upgrade path.  Documented it is too darn much work for reasons
like those you ran into. :)  We do require that it work, but not that it
be documented.  The only supported method is the process documented in
the COMMON ITEMS section of UPDATING.

-- Brooks