almost complete success with new acpi code on k7s5a elitegroup

Fritz Heinrichmeyer fritz.heinrichmeyer at fernuni-hagen.de
Sat May 29 08:08:19 PDT 2004

Thanks to newest acpi changes my floppy drice is back since a week or so.

Only power down from i.e. display manager is only half working (one half
better than before :-):

Power supply and fan did not really stop, the box only is halted as before,
but after plugging the box off from electricity network and plugging in again
the box is in power off mode.

This is new, the days before i only saw a message similar to

poweroff with ACPI ...

and the box was halted, not switched off after plugging in/out the box from
electricity network.

My motherboard is a SIS based elitegroup k7s5a.

--
Yours
Fritz Heinrichmeyer FernUniversitaet, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)