Software watchdog fails to deactivate kernel part when shutting down

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Sat May 29 00:42:04 PDT 2004

I just upgraded to the latest -CURRENT as of yesterday and now I experience
problems with the software watchdog when shutting down.

The problem also appears if I manually stop watchdogd.

What happens is that I get a panic: watchdog timeout a short while after
the watchdogd process has been stopped.

I used '/etc/rc.d/watchdogd stop' to stop it which should allow watchdogd
to tell the kernel to stop checking.

My workaround will of course be to disable the watchdog but it is a nice
feature to have working.

--
Med venlig hilsen
    Christian Laursen