USB patch for better bus_dma and detachment support

Luke luked at pobox.com
Sun May 23 20:31:46 PDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Ian Dowse wrote:

> In case anybody is interested in testing or helping with this,
> there's a patch at
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~iedowse/usb.diff
>
> that attempts to begin addressing a number of problems with our
> current USB code:

I'd love to try this out.  I'm using a Netgear FA120 USB ethernet adapter
with the axe driver, and my kernel panics with a page fault in
usb_transfer_complete every time I attempt to bring the interface down.
This means I can't reboot without a panic.
It looks like this code might address my problem.

I've never tested a patch in this manner before though.  I assume there's
some utility like mergemaster to merge this into my existing code.  If
somebody can tell me how to merge in these changes I'll try them out this
week and let you know how it goes.