Errata emails

Stephan van Beerschoten stephanb at whacky.net
Thu May 20 12:09:05 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:59:34AM -0700, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
>I was wondering if someone could point me to the mailing list, assuming
>there is one, where errata announcements are made. I'm thinking "new
>patch for $program released today" type emails. Is something like this
>available?

You can browse all available FreeBSD related mailinglists (by name and topic) here:

All I can think about is the freebsd-announce list, but it does not announce new program versions.
Usually the FreeBSD tree does not update 'per program'. They release emergency updates in case of security- or other severe bugs. The releases FreeBSD does include newer versions of the entire source tree, but releases are carefully scheduled and don't just happen because of one program update.

What kind of information are you looking for exactly, or, put otherwise, what are you trying to accomplish if you were given these kinds of announcements ?

With regards,
 Stephan (just another FreeBSD enthousiast)

--
Stephan van Beerschoten                    [KeyID: 0x08F12864]
"If you are adminstering UNIX systems and don't master tools