ad2: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=84<ICRC,ABORTED> LBA=0

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon May 17 10:33:03 PDT 2004

I'm running current as of yesterday.  I connected an older
current disk [probably 6 months] that has some important
information.  I thought that it would be trivial to mount it and
copy the info to my current disk.  I tried and am getting:

ad2: 29311MB <Maxtor 53073U6> [59554/16/63] at ata1-master UDMA66
ad2: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=0
ad2: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=0
ad2: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=84<ICRC,ABORTED> LBA=0
ad2: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=0
ad2: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=0
ad2: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=84<ICRC,ABORTED> LBA=0

Could this be caused by changes in current, a configuration issue
that I'm missing or is it a probable hardware failure?

Thanks for any suggestions,

ed