nVidia FX Support?

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Wed May 5 07:19:25 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 11:28:57AM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> The problem is that NVidia hasn't updated its binary-only FreeBSD
> driver since July 1st, 2003.  Any cards released after this date will
> not work properly, or at all, with this driver.  So please go bug
> NVidia. :)
>
> But, see also this thread:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-threads/2003-June/000530.html
>
> which might explain why it takes forever for new drivers to arrive. :(

Well, the FX 5900 Ultra was released on June 28, 2003.  You'd
think that card would be fast enough for most any FreeBSD user
for a while... unless you actually want a 6800 Ultra?  :)

Although, the 5950 and 5700 were released in October.  I don't
think that's a big gap, though.  I've seen at least one user
quite happy with his 5900 Ultra.

Regards,
--
wca