Enabling my second CPU

Eirik Oeverby ltning at anduin.net
Wed May 5 16:38:52 PDT 2004

Follow-up:
A small patch (thanks to Andrew Gallatin) to mptable.c, plus booting
without ACPI (which to my knowledge isn't going to hurt me in my
particular setup - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here), makes
FreeBSD enable the second CPU and use it.

Running a make -j 10 buildworld now for a (very) rudimentary test, in a
loop. Will see if the box is still alive tomorrow morning, but it's
already been through one build and started the second without errors.

So yes, quite possibly I've been very lucky :)

Thanks,
/Eirik