ali_agp.c patch

Markie mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Mon May 3 08:25:49 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have just aquired an Acer Travelmate 212TX laptop which has a nice panic
with the 5.2.1-R install CD ( I don't have a hard disk yet, it should be
with me soon ).

Anyway, to cut a long story short how would I go about trying to get a
patch into current to fix this issue? I have found a patch that stops it
from panicing at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-December/016587.html .

I have just spent 2 days trying to get a patched 5.2.1 kernel on the mini
install CD, I finally got one working (make release was broken) by copying
all the files from the cd and using mkisofs to remake the ISO but with a
new kernel + modules. To my suprise it didn't panic anymore and I actually
got to the installer screen (well, in safe mode anyway.. normal acpi and
stuff is an entirely different issue!)

It would be really great if this patch could be in 5.3 or something. It
looks to me like the line is supposed to have been put there anyway, but
someone just forgot or something?

Thanks very much!