current kernel compile error (USB)

Andre Guibert de Bruet andy at siliconlandmark.com
Wed Jun 30 05:45:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Ertan Kucukoglu wrote:

> I have problem compiling "buildkernel" for two days. Error message I receive
> is below:
> ----
> [snip]
> awk -f @/tools/usbdevs2h.awk @/dev/usb/usbdevs
> awk -f @/tools/vnode_if.awk @/kern/vnode_if.src -h
> rm -f .depend
> mkdep -f .depend -a   -nostdinc -D_KERNEL -DKLD_MODULE -I- -I. -I@
> -I@/contrib/altq -I@/../include -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include
> -I/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OPTIMUM /usr/src/sys/modules/urio/../../dev/usb/urio.c
> ===> usb
> make: don't know how to make usbdevs_data.h. Stop
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> ----
> I do not understand about coding. So, is there anybody who can suggest me
> something?

There were some changes to the way usbdevs is handled. I ran into
something similar. Recvsup and try the following:

rm -rf /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/OPTIMUM
config -g /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/OPTIMUM
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/OPTIMUM
make depend
make

This should get you a fully-linked kernel.

Regards,
Andy