Patch for src/UPDATING

Chris Pepper pepper at reppep.com
Sat Jun 26 21:37:19 PDT 2004

At 5:59 PM -0400 2004/06/26, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:27:19AM +0200, Frerich Raabe wrote:
>>  Moin,
>>
>>  I attached a patch against the UPDATING file, fixing a few flaws in the
>>  description of how to do an in-place update of 4-STABLE to 5-CURRENT which I
>>  noticed while doing exactly that update. Reviewal (and possible subsequent
>>  commit) would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks for finding and fixing the problems with the upgrade instructions!
>I've committed it to -CURRENT.

	There's a small typo in the patch:

  	[9] When checking out sources, you must include the -P flag to have
-	cvs prune empty directories.
+	cvs prune empty directories. Also, if CPUTYPE is defined in your
+	/etc/make.conf, make sure to use the "?=" instead of the "=" assignment
+	operator, so that buildworld can override the CPUTYPE if it needs to.
+	In case you would like to avoid installing new packages of everything,
+	you might want to uncomment the "COMPAT4X=	YES" entry, so that 4.x
+	compatibility libraries are build which should allow you to continue
+	using your existing software for a while.

	s/are build/are built/

						Chris
--
Chris Pepper:               <http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/>