HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Jun 26 09:20:36 PDT 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 17:43, Cordula's Web wrote:

> > > Maple V for Solaris/x86.
> >
> > Is something wrong with Maple for Linux?  (Which is up to version 9.5,
> > looks as if.)

Randomly quoting application doesn't really help anybody here, the question
is: Do they work (in whatever emulation).

> No license. Gatuitously dropping backward compatibility support for
> commercial software is rude, to say the least... Where was that old
> Solaris/x86 HDD now?. Yuck. :-(

Are you saying here that Maple V for Solaris/x86 does indeed work with the
SVR4 emulation in -CURRENT right now and you're digging for that HDD in order
to boot Solaris or are you saying you're going to test if Maple V for
Solaris/x86 does work with SVR4 compat?

Perhaps it would be better to keep the compat bits as ports? It looks to me
like there is a certain interest in them, just not among src committers.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org