X.Org

Sergio Carrillo scarrillo at arsystel.com
Fri Jun 25 20:28:25 PDT 2004

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 06:53:45PM -0800, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
>

>>I have been using XFree86 for some time now, and it's time to do some
>>upgrades. I have heard that the new X.Org might be a better choice. Does
>>anyone have an opinion on it? With the time involved to compile on a 400 MHz
>>box, I thought I would ask before I just dove in.
>>

>The x.org packages don't yet build on the cluster.
>
>Kris

I'm running it, the only problem is to deal with dependencies in some
ports (pkdb -F). I needed it to support radeon9600, but don't want to
install the Xfree-snap server:

Release Date: 18 December 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 5.2 i386 [ELF]
Current Operating System: FreeBSD sh5.lan 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD
5.2-CURRENT #0: Mon Jun 21 22:15:57 CEST 2004
root at sh5.lan:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/sh5 i386
Build Date: 19 June 2004