STI, HLT in acpi_cpu_idle_c1

Gerrit Nagelhout gnagelhout at sandvine.com
Fri Jun 25 10:11:21 PDT 2004

Scott Long wrote:

> This likely means that you're no longer getting any interrupts at all.
> Btw, is the aac driver running it MPSAFE or FAST mode?  I'm
> not sure if
> changing it to MPSAFE mode will make a difference, and it
> certainly will
> change the timings in our system.
>
> Scott

Looks like it's running in FAST mode.  What will change by running it in
MPSAFE mode?

aac0: <Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S> mem 0xf8000000-0xfbffffff irq 96 at device
1.0 on pci5
aac0: [FAST]
aac0: Unknown processor 100MHz, 48MB cache memory, optional battery not
installed
aac0: Kernel 4.1-0, Build 7244, S/N ba66d6
aac0: Supported
Options=11d7e<CLUSTERS,WCACHE,DATA64,HOSTTIME,RAID50,WINDOW4GB,SOFTERR,SGMAP
64,ALARM,NONDASD>
aacp0: <SCSI Passthrough Bus> on aac0
aacp1: <SCSI Passthrough Bus> on aac0

Gerrit