_<service> users [Was: startup error for pflogd]

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Tue Jun 22 23:17:15 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 00:56, Doug White wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> > I like _pflogd
>
> I like the idea too, but I think its missed the train to get in on 5.x.
> This breaks a lot of distributed user management since the system users
> will become desync'd from prior releases, particularly 4.x. Adoption of 5
> is a bit slack and I expect to see mixed 4/5 environments for quite a
> while still.  4 to 5 is going to be a bad enough migration as is; lets not
> make it worse :)
>
> I think its quite doable for 6.x; this gives ports a chance to get on
> board without having a huge rush before 5.3 hits the street.

I completely agree with you here. My question is, what should I do with
pflogd? I don't see much point in creating user pflogd now, patching pflogd
to use it and revert everything back for 6-current. So will it be much of a
problem to add _pflogd now eventhough the rest of the daemons is not yet
converted?

Best regards,				| mlaier at freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet